USB 16 Servo Controller is ideal for making PC based systems which run over Hobby Servo motors. The software helps to develop the complex sequences in real time on the hardware like robotic arms, walkers, bipeds and any other servo controlled system. The compact module measures just 80 mm X 47 mm, and it offers both USB and asynchronous serial (UART) connectivity. No features are compromised for the small size, as our USB controller supports independent speed and range settings for each servo while delivering 0.5-microsecond resolution for smooth output across its broad output pulse range of 200 through 2400 microseconds.
When installed, the USB servo controller appears as a serial port to the host computer. Programming is therefore as easy as sending commands to a serial port, and as an added benefit, the servo controller is compatible with many existing programs. The servo controller is compatible with USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 standards, and driver support will initially be available for Windows 98 through Windows 7.
With its dual USB and UART interface, the servo controller can at first be used with a PC to quickly develop motion sequences with the advantage of graphical interfaces and quick program changes. For projects without dedicated PCs, such as small autonomous robots, the final motion sequences can then be controlled by another microcontroller by sending simple UART commands.
With the trend toward removing serial ports from new computers, the Robokits USB 16 Servo Controller provides one of the most simple, small, and economical alternatives to standard serial servo controllers.
- Control 16 hobby servos from PC and Microcontroller
- Dual USB and UART interface
- Independent range setting for each servo
- 0.5-microsecond resolution
- 50 Hz update rate
- Small size of 80 X 47 mm
- Plug and Play, Auto detection of hardware
- Easy to use software
- Servo sequencer with speed, delay, goto and many other features
- File save and load options
- Home and neutral position setting
- Easy to install USB driver and Application software
- Capability to export sequence to Rhino Robot Control Board for controlling servos without PC